Kia drops more official sketches of new Sonet (including cabin)
Kia Motors has released new official sketches of the upcoming Sonet, including the first look at the SA-bound baby crossover’s cabin.
The Korean firm says the new Sonet will boast a “sophisticated and lively” cabin featuring “a smooth, sweeping dashboard and a stylish, minimalist centre console”.
Kia promises the interior will be trimmed in “high-quality materials”, while adding its facia will deliver a “full range of user-friendly features, including a two-layer tray to store mobile devices and other items while driving”.
The company furthermore confirmed the Sonet would be offered (in India, at least) with a digital instrument cluster and a 10,25-inch touchscreen with navigation. Some variants will also feature various drive and traction modes. According to Kia, the Sonet will be available with an “extensive” list of active and passive safety equipment, including the option of six airbags.
When it touches down late in 2020, the Sonet will be the second Kia imported to South Africa from India, following the introduction of the larger Seltos. Back in February 2020, the Korean firm’s Indian arm unveiled the Sonet concept, previewing the production version that will be fully revealed at the end of the first week of August (and likely run on the same platform as the Hyundai Venue).
Reports out of India suggest the Sonet will be offered with the same turbocharged 1,0-litre petrol engine as the Venue, along with a naturally aspirated 1,2-litre petrol and a 1,5-litre turbodiesel (for that market, anyway). Kia Motors SA says powertrain options for SA-spec models will be released closer to the local launch date.
More on this: 41 stories
- 2021 Kia Sorento X-Line On Its Way To U.S. Showrooms
- Kia Sonet price: Kia Motors launches Sonet SUV, price starts at INR 6.71 lakh, Auto News, ET Auto
- Kia details New Zealand-spec Sorento SUV
- Kia planning Toyota LandCruiser rival
- Sonet SUV pre-booking: Kia Motors opens pre-booking for Sonet SUV from Aug 20, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Kia Carnival officially revealed
- 2022 Kia Sedona debuts with 11 seats
- Kia Fully Reveals Sharper 2022 Sedona In Korea As All-New Carnival
- Tracking the Changes: 2020 vs 2022 Kia Stinger
- U Spy North America's 2021 Kia Sorento Testing In Yosemite Valley
- Kia Stinger updated with refreshed looks and upgraded cabin
- 2021 Kia Stinger shoots for premium aspirations with swankier interior
- The Kia Stinger Is Getting Some Solid Upgrades
- 2021 Kia Stinger preview: New look for sporty fastback sedan
- Facelifted 2020 Kia Stinger breaks cover
- Fresh Venom? Updated Kia Stinger Debuts Overseas
- Upgraded 2021 Kia Stinger breaks out
- 2021 Kia Stinger gets updated design and better interior
- 2021 Kia Sorento Goes On Sale In Europe, UK Pricing Starts At £38,845
- The tiger has fresh new claws: Kia reveals first images of its upgraded Stinger
- Refreshed Kia Stinger revealed but no details on new powertrain
- 2022 Kia Stinger Reveals Its Updated Design Inside and Out
- New Kia Stinger 2021 detailed: Facelift for rear-wheel-drive flagship goes official
- 2021 Kia Stinger Previewed With Teeny-Weeny Exterior And Interior Changes
- Kia reveals pricing and trim details for new flagship Sorento SUV