Kia Sonet features: Kia Motors premieres Sonet SUV; offers 3 engine options, Auto News, ET Auto
The Kia Sonet will be offered with 3 engine options of 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and the 1.5-litre turbo diesel. These engines can either be coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission or the 6-speed DCT or the all-new 6-speed iMT gearbox.
The SUV also comes with the new iMT technology where the 6-speed iMT gearbox will enable a clutch-less shifting with the control of a manual shift level. Until now, this feature was only available in the Indian market for Hyundai Venue.
According to the automaker, the SUV is inspired by a baby elephant. Further, its bold design combines the automaker’s signature design traits, such as the prominent ‘tiger nose’ grille, with a three-dimensional ‘stepwell’ geometric grille mesh for a strong visual impression. Its aggressive stance also indicates its rugged appeal.
Other characteristics of the SUV include 10.25-inch AVNT, smart key remote engine start (both in AT and MT transmission), front row driver and passenger ventilated seats with an India first smart pure air purifier with virus protection.
Ho Sung Song, President and CEO, Kia Motors Corporation said, “Everything about the all-new Sonet is uniquely Kia and is sure to delight both drivers and passengers. With its aggressive and modern design language, fun-to-drive dynamics and Kia’s latest high-tech features, the Sonet puts an exclamation point on our ambition to make Kia the brand of choice, especially among millennial and Gen Z consumers.”
Kookhyun Shim, MD and CEO, Kia Motors India said, “After the success of the Seltos and Carnival, we are confident that Kia will revolutionise yet another market segment in India with the Sonet by addressing the unmet needs and aspirations of customers. The Sonet will be produced at our state-of-the-art Anantapur plant to Kia’s exacting global standards, and we are sure it will be received with enthusiasm by new customers and existing fans of the brand alike."
Some of the safety features in the new SUV include six airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, HAC, VSM and brake assist, projector fog lamps and isofix child anchor.
Sonet is the first SUV in the segment to be offered in the sporty GT Line trim for extra sportiness, the company informed.
First showcased as a concept model at the Auto Expo 2020, the SUV will compete with other B-segment SUV models like Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Nissan Magnite.
More on this: 63 stories
- Hyundai And Kia Considering Tough Ladder-Frame SUVs
- Kia Sonet price: Kia Motors launches Sonet SUV, price starts at INR 6.71 lakh, Auto News, ET Auto
- Kia electric vehicle due in 2021 will lead new design direction for the brand
- Kia Tells Us Its Seven-Year-Plan for Electric Vehicles
- Kia's first all-electric vehicle due next year
- Kia previews the seven electric cars it plans to launch by 2027
- Kia promises seven new EVs by 2027
- Kia vows to cater for all EV needs with seven model launches by 2027
- Almost 190,000 Hyundai And Kia Models Recalled Due To ABS Issue
- Kia details New Zealand-spec Sorento SUV
- Kia planning Toyota LandCruiser rival
- Kia plots ladder-frame SUV to fight Toyota's Prado, says report
- First Kia ute still on track
- Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid here early next year
- New Kia Sorento Hybrid 2021 confirmed for Australia! Toyota Kluger and Nissan Pathfinder rival to also plug in
- 2021 Kia Rio arrives in Oz
- Kia Announces Pricing for 2021 K5 Sedan
- 2021 Seltos is right size, offers unbeatable value for a growing family
- 2022 Kia Sedona Details Revealed in South Korea
- Sonet SUV pre-booking: Kia Motors opens pre-booking for Sonet SUV from Aug 20, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Kia Carnival officially revealed
- 2022 Kia Sedona debuts with 11 seats
- Kia Fully Reveals Sharper 2022 Sedona In Korea As All-New Carnival
- U Spy North America's 2021 Kia Sorento Testing In Yosemite Valley
- 2021 Kia Sorento Goes On Sale In Europe, UK Pricing Starts At £38,845