2021 Kia Sorento Goes On Sale In Europe, UK Pricing Starts At £38,845
Kia has launched the new generation Sorento in the United Kingdom, where customers can choose between three grades, dubbed the 2, 3 and 4.
Pricing starts at £38,845 ($50,810) for the entry-level model, which features LED headlights and taillights, 17-inch alloys, heated front seats and steering wheel, dual-zone climate control with vents for the third row, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 8-inch infotainment system, DAB radio, smartphone integration and a generous host of safety gear.
From £41,245 ($53,950), the Sorento 3 adds 19-inch wheels and features a glossy black grille and satin chrome look for the door handles. It also gets rear privacy glass, black leather upholstery, 8-way power adjustable front seats, heated outer rear seats, ambient lighting, UVO Connect telematics system, keyless entry with push-button start, electric tailgate and a few other features.
The range-topping Sorento 4 starts at £46,945 ($61,405) and is specified with black Nappa leather, black headlining, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function, ventilated front seats, panoramic sunroof, head-up display, Bose premium sound system, and so on.
All trim levels are powered by the 1.6-liter hybrid powertrain, which features an electric motor and a 1.49 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. It develops a total output of 226 HP (229 PS / 169 kW) and 195 lb-ft (265 Nm) of torque, returning a combined 40.9 mpg UK (34.1 mpg US / 6.9 l/100 km) in the WLTP cycle.
The Sorento 3 is also available with the 2.2-liter CRDi turbo diesel, hooked up to an eight-speed auto and all-wheel drive. The engine makes 199 HP (202 PS / 148 kW) and 325 lb-ft (440 Nm), returning 42.2 mpg UK (35.1 mpg US / 6.7 l/100 km) combined. A plug-in hybrid powertrain will join the range later this year. Kia has also announced pricing for other European markets, with the new Sorento available from €41,418.82 ($48,685) in Germany.
More on this: 63 stories
- Hyundai And Kia Considering Tough Ladder-Frame SUVs
- Kia Sonet price: Kia Motors launches Sonet SUV, price starts at INR 6.71 lakh, Auto News, ET Auto
- Kia electric vehicle due in 2021 will lead new design direction for the brand
- Kia Tells Us Its Seven-Year-Plan for Electric Vehicles
- Kia's first all-electric vehicle due next year
- Kia previews the seven electric cars it plans to launch by 2027
- Kia promises seven new EVs by 2027
- Kia vows to cater for all EV needs with seven model launches by 2027
- Almost 190,000 Hyundai And Kia Models Recalled Due To ABS Issue
- Kia details New Zealand-spec Sorento SUV
- Kia planning Toyota LandCruiser rival
- Kia plots ladder-frame SUV to fight Toyota's Prado, says report
- First Kia ute still on track
- Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid here early next year
- New Kia Sorento Hybrid 2021 confirmed for Australia! Toyota Kluger and Nissan Pathfinder rival to also plug in
- 2021 Kia Rio arrives in Oz
- Kia Announces Pricing for 2021 K5 Sedan
- 2021 Seltos is right size, offers unbeatable value for a growing family
- 2022 Kia Sedona Details Revealed in South Korea
- Sonet SUV pre-booking: Kia Motors opens pre-booking for Sonet SUV from Aug 20, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Kia Carnival officially revealed
- 2022 Kia Sedona debuts with 11 seats
- Kia Fully Reveals Sharper 2022 Sedona In Korea As All-New Carnival
- U Spy North America's 2021 Kia Sorento Testing In Yosemite Valley
- 2022 Kia Stinger Reveals Its Updated Design Inside and Out