Kia reveals pricing and trim details for new flagship Sorento SUV
Kia has officially revealed specification details of its fourth-generation flagship, seven-seat Sorento SUV – with prices starting from £38,845.
The model, which was first unveiled back in March, is now on sale and available in ‘2’, ‘3’ and ‘4’ designated trim levels and a choice of hybrid petrol or 2.2-litre turbodiesel engines.
A 1.6-litre T-GDi petrol engine is coupled to a 44.2kW electric motor and 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack in the hybrid offering, resulting in a 230PS and 265Nm of torque output, CO2 emissions of as low as 158g/km and a combined fuel economy figure of up to 40.9mpg.
The Sorento’s new four-cylinder 2.2-litre ‘Smartstream’ diesel engine produces 202PS and 440Nm of torque, meanwhile, and claims 176k/km CO2 emissions and fuel economy of 42.2mpg on the WLTP test’s combined cycle.
With a maximum towing weight of 2,500kg the Sorento diesel can haul a load that is half a tonne heavier than its predecessor.
Kia’s hybrid drivetrain is the faster of the two to 62mph, taking 8.7 seconds versus 9.1 for the turbodiesel.
Inside, the ‘2’ features black cloth upholstery, USB charge ports for all three rows of seats and dual-zone automatic air conditioning includes outlets for the third row.
There’s also a 12.3-inch high-resolution digital instrument cluster, an eight-inch touchscreen and front and rear parking sensors.
Among a suite of safety systems features are: Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA); Lane Follow Assist (LFA); Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA); Manual Speed Limit Assist (MSLA); Trailer Stability Assist (TSA); and Driver Attention Warning (DAW).
Adaptive cruise control and Ecall, which automatically summons the emergency services in the event of an accident, are also standard.
The upholstery is upgraded to black leather, with eight-way power adjustment in the front.
The ‘3’ also includes Kia’s UVO Connect telematics system, connecting drivers by providing invaluable information via the in-car touchscreen and on their smartphone; a powered boot lid and Kia’s semi-autonomous Highway Driving Assist (HAD) system.
Grade ‘4’ features fine black Nappa leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, head-up display and a 12-speaker Bose surround-sound among its range-topping highlights.
Earlier this year Kia Motors UK managing director, Paul Philpott, told AM that the brand's dealer network are on the cusp of electrification, but must ensure the coronavirus crisis doesn’t derail its plan significantly.
“We need the dealer network to recover as quickly as we do the industry,” he said.
Last week Kia dealers weree told that they can expect greater availability of the popular e-Niro elelctric vehicle (EV) as the brand secures increased supply, cutting lead times to just a few weeks.
More on this: 63 stories
- Hyundai And Kia Considering Tough Ladder-Frame SUVs
- Kia Sonet price: Kia Motors launches Sonet SUV, price starts at INR 6.71 lakh, Auto News, ET Auto
- Kia electric vehicle due in 2021 will lead new design direction for the brand
- Kia Tells Us Its Seven-Year-Plan for Electric Vehicles
- Kia's first all-electric vehicle due next year
- Kia previews the seven electric cars it plans to launch by 2027
- Kia promises seven new EVs by 2027
- Kia vows to cater for all EV needs with seven model launches by 2027
- Almost 190,000 Hyundai And Kia Models Recalled Due To ABS Issue
- Kia details New Zealand-spec Sorento SUV
- Kia planning Toyota LandCruiser rival
- Kia plots ladder-frame SUV to fight Toyota's Prado, says report
- First Kia ute still on track
- Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid here early next year
- New Kia Sorento Hybrid 2021 confirmed for Australia! Toyota Kluger and Nissan Pathfinder rival to also plug in
- 2021 Kia Rio arrives in Oz
- Kia Announces Pricing for 2021 K5 Sedan
- 2021 Seltos is right size, offers unbeatable value for a growing family
- 2022 Kia Sedona Details Revealed in South Korea
- Sonet SUV pre-booking: Kia Motors opens pre-booking for Sonet SUV from Aug 20, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Kia Carnival officially revealed
- 2022 Kia Sedona debuts with 11 seats
- Kia Fully Reveals Sharper 2022 Sedona In Korea As All-New Carnival
- U Spy North America's 2021 Kia Sorento Testing In Yosemite Valley
- 2021 Kia Sorento Goes On Sale In Europe, UK Pricing Starts At £38,845