2021 Kia Sorento X-Line On Its Way To U.S. Showrooms
Kia has teased the U.S. spec Sorento ahead of its premiere on September 22. Interestingly, these two teasers preview an off-road-oriented model dubbed the X-Line.
The first of the teaser images is grainy but shows off the side profile of the Sorento X-Line, while also showcasing a unique shade of green. Meanwhile, key parts of the X-Line spec include black wheels and black roof rails.
The second teaser image gives us an up-close look at the X-Line badge on the front quarter panel.
Kia has already showcased the new Sorento in various markets around the world, including Europe, the UK, and Australia. For the most part, the SUV will look exactly the same in the U.S., albeit for the necessary inclusion of the U.S. style turn signals.
The new Sorento has a much more angular appearance than the previous-generation model and an improved road presence. The front is particularly striking thanks to a tiger-nose grille and sharp headlights with incorporated LED daytime running lights.
At least two powertrains will be offered in the United States. The first is set to be Kia’s new Smartstream hybrid that features a 1.6-liter turbocharged petrol four-cylinder working alongside a 44.2 kW electric motor and a 1.49 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack. This unit is good for 227 hp and 258 lb-ft (350 Nm) of torque and is coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission.
U.S. buyers will also have the option of a 2.5-liter T-GDi with 277 hp and 310 lb-ft (421 Nm) of torque, mated to an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission. A naturally-aspirated engine might also be offered.
More on this: 90 stories
- Kia Sorento review: Seven-seater SUV has true pulling power
- The Splendid 2021 Kia K5 Overshadows Optima
- Kia confirms Stonic SUV landing next year
- 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line Is A Looker That Delivers The Goods
- Kia Stonic GT-Line to crown baby SUV range in Australia
- Kia Revamps U.S. Soul Lineup For The 2021MY
- New Kia Sorento priced from €49,800
- Kia threatens to overtake Ford and Mitsubishi
- Next Kia Sportage to take tech lead
- New 2020 Kia Picanto now on sale
- 2020 Kia Rio: prices, specs and release date
- Kia Sportage 2022: When the new Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 rival will be revealed and go on sale
- The Kia Stinger's Future May Be In Doubt
- The Kia Niro EV Is Setting Records
- Kia upgrades the Rio for 2021
- 2021 Kia Sorento X-Line is ready to hit the trails
- Kia's 2021 Sorento makes its Canadian debut
- All-New Kia Sorento Arriving By Year's End
- Kia Stinger 2020 facelift: further details of updated flagship released
- 2021 Kia Stinger Goes V6-Only In Europe, Brings Styling And Tech Upgrades
- 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid three-row SUV: 37 mpg tops Highlander Hybrid, 30-mile plug-in too
- 2021 Kia Sorento three-row SUV flexes a new bod and hybrid engines
- The 2021 Kia Sorento Is a Three-Row SUV That Delivers Up to 37 MPG
- 2021 Kia Sorento: Here It Is
- Kia Digitally Reveals 2021 Sorento to US with a Telluride nose