Kia Sonet price: Kia Motors launches Sonet SUV, price starts at INR 6.71 lakh, Auto News, ET Auto
The diesel 6MT starts at INR 8.05 lakh (ex-showroom) while the turbo variants starts at INR 9.49 lakh (ex-showroom) with 6iMT gearbox and INR 10.49 lakh (ex-showroom) with 7-DCT gearbox. The top-end diesel automatic and 1.0-litre turbo with 6iMT is priced at INR 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Kia Sonet compact SUV gets over 30 segment-first features. The compact SUV is a made-in-India model and will be exported to several overseas markets.
The Kia Sonet will be offered with three engine options of 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and the 1.5-litre turbo diesel. These engines can either be coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission or the 6-speed DCT or the all-new 6-speed iMT gearbox.
The SUV also comes with the new iMT technology where the 6-speed iMT gearbox will enable a clutchless shifting with the control of a manual shift lever. Until now, this feature was only available in the Indian market for Hyundai Venue.
Kia is offering the Sonet in Tech Line and GT-Line options. The Tech Line comes available in trims like HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTX+.
Price List (in INR):
Other characteristics of the SUV include 10.25-inch AVNT, ‘UVO’ connected car technology, smart key remote engine start (both in AT and MT transmission), front row driver and passenger ventilated seats with an India first smart pure air purifier with virus protection.
Some of the safety features in the new SUV include six airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, HAC, VSM and brake assist, projector fog lamps and isofix child anchor.
Offered with up to eight monotone and three dual-tone exterior colour options, Sonet is the first SUV in the segment to be offered in the sporty GT Line trim for extra sportiness, the company informed.
Last month, the carmaker claimed to set a new record by receiving 6,523 bookings on the first day itself. The company opened bookings for the SUV on August 20, 2020 at an amount of INR 25,000, ahead of its market launch.
As of today, Kia Sonet is receiving 1,000 bookings per day, the company claimed.
Until now, the automaker has sold two models in India- Seltos and Carnival. But Sonet is the second ‘Made in India’ car from Kia, following the introduction of the Kia Seltos.
First showcased as a concept model at the Auto Expo 2020, the SUV will compete with other B-segment SUV models like Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Nissan Magnite.
More on this: 90 stories
- Kia Sorento review: Seven-seater SUV has true pulling power
- The Splendid 2021 Kia K5 Overshadows Optima
- Kia confirms Stonic SUV landing next year
- 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line Is A Looker That Delivers The Goods
- Kia Stonic GT-Line to crown baby SUV range in Australia
- Kia Revamps U.S. Soul Lineup For The 2021MY
- New Kia Sorento priced from €49,800
- Kia threatens to overtake Ford and Mitsubishi
- Next Kia Sportage to take tech lead
- New 2020 Kia Picanto now on sale
- 2020 Kia Rio: prices, specs and release date
- Kia Sportage 2022: When the new Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 rival will be revealed and go on sale
- The Kia Stinger's Future May Be In Doubt
- The Kia Niro EV Is Setting Records
- Kia upgrades the Rio for 2021
- 2021 Kia Sorento X-Line is ready to hit the trails
- Kia's 2021 Sorento makes its Canadian debut
- All-New Kia Sorento Arriving By Year's End
- Kia Stinger 2020 facelift: further details of updated flagship released
- 2021 Kia Stinger Goes V6-Only In Europe, Brings Styling And Tech Upgrades
- 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid three-row SUV: 37 mpg tops Highlander Hybrid, 30-mile plug-in too
- 2021 Kia Sorento three-row SUV flexes a new bod and hybrid engines
- The 2021 Kia Sorento Is a Three-Row SUV That Delivers Up to 37 MPG
- 2021 Kia Sorento: Here It Is
- Kia Digitally Reveals 2021 Sorento to US with a Telluride nose